Friday, November 18, 2011

Halloween Festivities

Though it's been a long time since I've posted anything here, I've still been creating.  The msot recent test of my skills was for Halloween.  You may recall that Halloween is one of my favorites.  I love that I can wear almost ANYTHING my girly heart desires.  Last year allowed me a skirt so large I took two seats.  This year required a different challenge.

After SO much consideration, I decided to go with Miss Piggy from the Muppets.  I wanted a fun costume but one that would push me beyond just making a pretty dress.  Between the nose, wig, and make-up it was definitely a challenge.  But it turned out great and I had a lot of fun!


Picture by Kelsey Walsh

Sadly, the office (colored) photos are pretty blurry.  One of the many problems with working in a poorly lit, cold, buried basement...
But you can see the fun magenta, the hard-core make-up, and that piggy nose.

As I'm always looking for an excuse to dress up, I went to a club the following night.  As Miss Piggy is not a very dance-friendly costume (I think it's the train), I pulled out an old stand-by. 



That's right, Tinkerbell!  I think every girl under 5'4" has worn one at one time or another.

Liz was also there havign a blast in her Romy and Michelle inspired post-it dress.  It took her and her post-it pal DAYS to complete.  And they looked fantastic.  Santa was not part of OUR group, but how can I not get a pic?!

Lastly, I wore one final costume to take Josie trick-or-treating to Grandma and Grandpa.  They're the only ones who still give me candy...  For that last costume, I wanted to wear a coat and tease my hair.  I added my no-named slob of a "cat" and was ready to go.


And because no post is ever complete without a picture of Meghan, here's one of her torturing her legion of gingerbread skeletons.  She did an amazing job decorating!


As Christmas time rolls around, I hope to be doing more here.  My tree is up, my gift list is written, and my baking has started.  The only thing left is making fun Christmas crafts!

1 comment:

  1. Love Miss Piggy! It couldn't be better. Grandma U

    ReplyDelete